As you may or may not have noticed by now, I seem to be just a little obsessed with Chinese food. Part of the reason of course is that a Stir Fry is easy to make on a busy weeknight, and doesn’t take too much time either. The other part is that the husband and I love love LOVE Chinese food and could probably eat it every night of the week without complaint.
So here’s a quick recipe I threw together for a dinner party last night that is a favourite of my husband and I. Hope you guys like it as much as we do!
- 1 lb chicken breast cut into small pieces
- 1/4 tsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil (or any other sort of oil that you want)
- 1.5 tsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1-2 chopped green chillies
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onions
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- 1.5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or 1 tsp cornflour dissolved in 1 cup water
- Mix all marination ingredients together and set aside for about 15 mins
- Fry the chicken in hot hot till tender. be careful not to overfly as the chicken can harden pretty quickly
- Drain and set aside
- Remove excess oil from skillet, leaving behind about 1tbsp
- Fry garlic till aromatic, than add the spring onions and green chillies
- Stir fry for 1-2 minutes than add the chicken
- Add the chilli sauce and oyster sauce and mix well
- Cook for another 2-3 mins than add the stock/cornflour dissolved in water
- Simmer on low heat till sauce thickens
- Serve hot with boiled rice and enjoy!