Is it just me or is summer simply refusing to leave this year?I mean, 90 degree weather in September? Seriously? Where are the Fall winds? The chilly nights? The hot soup?
I know, I know, it’s very cliche, but there’s nothing I like better than a bowl of hot soup or a cup of steaming noodles on a cold evening, but this year the seasons themselves seem to be conspiring against me and depriving me of this simple pleasure!
Which is why I took advantage of the rainy weather we’ve been having the past few days to whip up some steaming chicken and mushroom Lo Mein for lunch and because I love you guys so much, here’s the recipe so you can enjoy it too!
- 400gm of egg noodles, boiled
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast cut into small cubes/pieces
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 1tsp soy sauce
Mix for sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sirarcha sauce
- 1tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 capsicum/bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1-2 green chillies, chopped
- Mix the chicken, cornflour and soy sauce together and set aside for 15-30 mins
- Mix the sauce ingredients together and set aside for later
- Add oil to wok and fry the minced garlic till aromatic, then add the chicken
- Stir fry chicken till it is tender
- Now add all the vegetables and stir fry till they are cooked
- Pour in the sauce and mix well, let simmer on low heat for 2-3 minutes but do not let it dry up
- Add in the boiled noodles, toss together with the chicken and vegetable mixture
- Dig in and enjoy!
This post is linking with: