I love my munchkin and I love being a mom, I do, but there are days when I catch myself day dreaming of all the things I will do once Lilly is all grown up and no longer in the habit of getting my attention by biting my legs. If I were to make such a wish list, it wouldn't span pages and pages or involve impossible things. No, if I were to (hypothetically) make a wish list, it would be simple and it would be short. So here's my short and sweet hypothetical wish list:
1) Get the time to get a manicure every once in a while. It's a simple splurge but it goes a long way in making you feel human when you're sitting in your pjs at 3pm trying to scrub baby puke out of the carpet.
2) Manage to actually eat dinner like a civilized human being instead of trying to inhale it in between attempts to get the toddler to eat her food instead of just flinging it around like confetti. I swear that kid seems to get more food on the floor, table and herself than I even put on her plate!
3) Sleep through the night.
4) Get up in the morning because I had a good nights sleep, not because the toddler is banging her empty milk bottle against my head in an attempt to either rouse me or give me concussion.
5) Watch something other than Sesame Street or Super Why on TV. Maybe that way I'll have something other than the alphabet song stuck in my head for 5 days in a row.
6) Have a vacation that actually feels like a vacation instead of like an accelerated boot camp for the harassed parent.
7) Did I mention sleep through the night?